Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Cherie Currie Tribute Album!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member CCfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    511
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to see the lead singer of the Cardigans do one of her songs. I haven't thought of which one yet, but I love the Cardigans.
    Also, what about Gwen Stefani doing Cherry Bomb?

  2. #2
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    If someone were to put a Cherie Currie Tribute Album together
    which of Cherie's songs would you like to see on it and who would you like to see doing them?

    I'll bet you have some ideas. Here are some of mine:

    The Only One_Hilary Duff
    Moonshine Lullaby_Cyndi Lauper
    You're So Bad For Me Baby_Pink

    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus Danger

  3. #3
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Howzabout 'Don't Believe In Heaven' by Tori Amos!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    GD

  4. #4
    Inactive Member almarockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If there was such a tribute album i myself would do the impossible to get a chance to show em my original version of either Midnight Music or Steel. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

    However it would be nice to hear uhmm say The Donnas or Bjork hehehe she would make things interesting don't you think??? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I'd love to hear your versions of those songs Alma!
    Bjork?!!! Yeah....I could see her doing 'Secrets' in her own unique style and
    The Donnas? 'We're All In This Together' possibly!

    More later,
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jett Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2001
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to hear Courtney Love do "Elaine"!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MrFrosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 2004
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd say Cheryl Crow should definitely get a shot at it since she's been versatile enough to do 'Sweet Child of Mine', GNR as well as 'Dyer Maker' off the Encomium CD. 'Moonshine Lullaby' would fit right into her style.

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ June 20, 2004 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Mister Frosty ]</font>

  8. #8
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Yeah Mr.Frosty! Sheryl Crow is pretty versatile.
    Good choice and welcome to the Cherie Currie message board btw!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  9. #9
    Inactive Member crimsoncurrent's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2004
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I?d go for something completely different on the basis that you really can?t improve on Cherie Currie. I?d have to go for a totally different take on things. So with that in mind and off the top of my head..

    ?Cherie Bombe? - the Fall (rofl x 100)

    ?You Drive Me Wild ? - Morrissey

    ?Moonshine Lullaby? - Flaming Lips

    Rock n? Roll - its hard to improve on Lou Reed/Runaways ? David Johansen could do it justice.I?d definitely choose Blondie somewhere and Shirley Manson, Siouxsie Sioux.

    Hope that didn?t freak you out too much, Cherie, but ya got a huge following over here too.I think you?d be surprised how many Eccentric English guys would jump at the chance at singing a few Runaways numbers. A main Music journalist over here, Julie Burchill still says the Runaways Live in Japan is one if not THE greatest record even made and now she?s a regular writer for the London Times our renowned and most respected Newspaper.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic